WHO IS dbjones?
Hi! I’m Danny. Under the name dbjones, I freelance as a Sound Artist & Recordist. From my home studio in Manchester, I combine Foley Artistry with Field Recording and Music Composition to build bespoke soundscapes that underscore the stories told by creatives.
I’ve been collaborating on projects since 2012, crafting sounds for a variety of mediums. From independent theatre productions and animations to award winning short films and documentaries.
In 2019, I became a regular collaborator with Freshrb C.I.C. A video production company based in Manchester, raising awareness for marginalised health conditions through their Silent Elephant Project short films and workshops.
More recently, I started blogging. Setting up Behind-The-Sounds, a series of blogs where I share my adventures crafting soundscapes – along with any tips and tricks that I learn along the way.
I’m always looking to collaborate and meet new people.
If you want to say hello you can find me on Instagram.
Five facts about me:
- I once ate an 8 scoop ice cream in one sitting while travelling around Tokyo. Each scoop was a different flavour (Strawberry, Coffee, Milk, Chocolate, Matcha, Banana, Grape and Ramune Soda) and they were all amazing.
- I’m a drummer. I can noodle around on a few instruments but I love percussion. So much so that with A LOT of help from my Dad, we even managed build some of our own tuned percussion.
- I’m a goalkeeper. I used to train with a Manchester City goalie coach before starting college. After that I didn’t play properly for years but now I’m training again weekly and playing a little 5-a-side and 11-a-side whenever I get the chance.
- I love birdsong. I tend to be drawn to more natural sounds in general but birdsong is definitely my favourite. I’ve even started collecting bird whistles so I can make my own sounds.
- I aim to one day have my own sausage dog. Either named Richmond or Frank (short for Frankfurter).
. . .Check out my portfolio